Light of Waylumi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Light of Waylumi

This is a forum for New Worlds: Ateraan faith, Waylumi.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rework of our prayers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quinthyll

Rework of our prayers Empty
PostSubject: Rework of our prayers   Rework of our prayers EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 pm

I've put a good bit of time and thought into this.  What I purpose is changing what level several prayers are learned.  Based on that, some are more powerful and/or effective, some less.  For the most part if a prayer is learned sooner, it would do less then currently does at the level it is learned, but through skills and level would be the same or near it when training caught back up to where it was originally placed.

First the new order the prayers would be learned, then a re-worked description for each one that has been moved and explanation why I think that makes sense.  After the reworked prayers I have four new prayers I would like to see added.

I would really like any thoughts anyone have on this.

Waylumi Guild Powers
[*****************************************]
       Level   Prayer

1     Bless
     2     Heal
     3     Vitalize
     4     Sparks
     5     Preach, Flare
     6     Waylumi's Protection, Lightblade
     7     Enlighten, Learn Devotion, Blinding Light
     8     Heal Far, Lifewatch
     9     Bless Armor, Sober, Draught of Vitality
     10    Energize, Constant Lifewatch
     11    Brightness, Withstand
     12    Luminate, Cure Disease, Devotion
     13    Clean Body, Bless Food, Lighten Area
     14    Feel Pain, Healblindness, Seek hidden
     15    Vision, Holy Armour, Marry
     16    Hallow, Disfellowship, Lighten Shadows
     17    Heal All, Divorce, Blessed Weapon
     18    Halo of Light, Smite, Perish Undead
     19    Blades of Light, Elixir, Holy Shroud
     20    Sun Ray, Find Ship
     21    Seal, Peace
     22    Hallow Sea
     23    Invulnerability
     24    Sanctuary
     25    Heal World, Angel
     26    Change Alliance
     27    Sun Flare
     28    Waylumi’s Grace
     29    Spirit, Resurrect
     30    Hand of Waylumi

Color coded prayer types:  Blessings placed on someone, Restoration of life or energy, Combat, Blessings on the cleric, Items created, Roleplay

Prayer Name: Light Blade
      SP Cost: 35+level
       Syntax: lightblade
  Skills used: cleric faith, cleric knowledge, combat attack, Level

Description:
The priest calls down the light of Waylumi in the form of a single blade of light.  Although less traumatic than the Blades of Light and only striking only a single target, it still has severely damaging effects based on your cleric’s skill and level.

By lowering the point at which the prayer is learned, a much needed early prayer is added to aid in combat early in training.  Adding cleric knowledge to the skills checked and the level of the cleric to the SP cost will keep it from being overly powerful early in the training, and increase the effectiveness at points beyond when it is currently learned.

Prayer Name: Blinding Light
      SP Cost: 50
       Syntax: blindinglight <target>
  Skills used: cleric knowledge, cleric preach, mental focus, combat defense

Description:

There comes a time when a cleric of Waylumi is so disgusted by the behavior of an individual that the mere sight of them causes discomfort.
This prayer will cause the target’s attacks to be less effective for a number of rounds based on the level of cleric.  For every four levels of the cleric, the prayer will last one round, to a maximum of 5 rounds.  The effect of the prayer will reduce the ability land offensive attacks and their damage.  With proper training, it is possible basic attacks miss their mark altogether.

A change to the existing power, rather than blinding the target totally, this version would be used to reduce the offensive ability of the target.

Prayer Name: Bless Armor
      SP Cost: 25
       Syntax: blessarmor
  Skills used: cleric faith, cleric knowledge, combat defense, wisdom

Description:

This prayer calls a shimmering aura around the cleric for a short duration based on the skills, wisdom, and level.  This aura causes a bit of pain to those that attack the priest and offer protection from harm.

This would not be cause an overly large amount of damage, at the highest level no more than 20% of the amount dealt.  The protection would be added to what is afforded by the armor, skills, and the prayer Waylumi’s protection.  The duration should be short, with a cooldown at least as long as the total duration, possibly more.

Prayer Name: Energize
      SP Cost: amount * number energized
       Syntax: energize <target(s)> <amount>
  Skills used: cleric preach, mental focus, mental discipline

Description:
This prayer calls upon Waylumi to send power and energy to the target.  The amount is based on the clerics level, cleric preach, and mental focus skills.

In its current form, this power is nearly useless.  Moving it to a higher level prayer with these effects would expand the upon the support role Waylumi priests already provide.  The amount of energy and power given could be about 1/3 of the energy used.  For example if the priest used the amount 300, the targets would gain 100 energy and power, plus or minus based on their skills.

Prayer Name: Bless Food
      SP Cost: 30+level
      Syntax: blessfood <food>
  Skills used: cleric knowledge, merchant leader, level

Description:

This prayer places a blessing on the food you select and makes it more invigorating and healing when someone eats it.  It will also make it lighter on the stomach, allowing more to be eaten before becoming full.
This prayer will also let the cleric know if a food is rotten.

Remove the condition that a blessing only lasts until the person rests.  Allowing it to make food less filling will add a much needed utility that is missing now.

Prayer Name: Vision
      SP Cost: 75
       Syntax: vision <target>
  Skills used: cleric knowledge, mental focus, mental discipline, combat defense

Description:

With this prayer the priest grants the ability to see those not in plain sight.  The chance of success is based on the skill of the priest and anyone attempting to hide.  The duration of the effect is based on the level of the priest.

Prayer Name: Smite
      SP Cost: 100
       Syntax: smite <target>
  Skills used: cleric faith, cleric preach, combat attack

Description:

In the ancient early days of the Faith, the guardians of the temple would punish those who severely offended the Goddess or the followers of light. It was written on the ancient tablets that while the Goddess is one of Love and Kindness, she is also a Goddess of Justice and protection as well as one who is not to be mocked.

A high priest began beseeching the Goddess for a prayer to rightfully punish those who show disrespect as well as a way to protect the fledgling acolytes who could not protect against evil. He was given to a vision and in it the method and direction to smite those who offend the Light.

Being a prayer that utilizes the spiritual world of the Light, when executed, smite will find the target even if they flee the area and will even find someone hidden.  The power of the prayer is based on your skills and level.  

A very powerful prayer, perhaps too much.  Along with moving Lightblade to a lower level, putting Smite at 19 makes it’s power in line with when it is learned.  A slight increase in the damage might be called for with that, perhaps not.

Spell Name: Elixir
      SP Cost: 150
    Coin Cost: 1000 coppers
       Syntax: elixir
  Skills used: cleric faith, cleric preach, cleric knowledge, merchant leader

Description:

Creating a potion of healing is a staple of the Waylumi cleric overshadowed only by the prayer of healing itself. The prayer of elixir creates a strong healing potion to assist someone when needed. The elixir will have the potency based on the cleric's skills and level.
Also of note is the cost of materials to create the elixir potions.

The amount of healing should be much higher, but the ability to create them should be for only those with more training.  Increasing the SP cost and, skills used, and level learned an overall increase in healing effect should be added.  The cooldown on creating them should also be reduced.

New prayers: Draught of Vitality, Blessed Weapon, Holy Shroud, Waylumi’s insight

Prayer name:  Draught of vitality
   SP cost:  35 SP
   Coin cost: 100 copper
 Syntax:  draughtofvitality
Skills used:  cleric knowledge, cleric faith, merchant leader
A small vial containing a thin, wispy liquid.  The smell of it is light and pure, like that of fresh rain.  Upon even a small taste, the body feel revived.
Through this prayer, the priest creates a small hand held draught.  Upon drinking it, the body will recover energy.  The amount recovered is determined by the skills of the cleric.

Prayer name:  Blessed weapon
  SP cost: 150 SP
  Coin cost: 25,000 copper
 Syntax:  blessedweapon <weapon>
Skills used:  Cleric faith, Cleric knowledge, combat attack, merchant leader, mental focus
Channeling the grace of Waylumi, the priest pours her might into a weapon.  The blessing increases the effectiveness of the weapon, with its strength based on the priest’s skill in attacking, faith, knowledge, and merchant skills.  It is only useable on a weapon which can be wielded by a priest.  As with any other enhancements upon items, there is a chance that the weapon can be destroyed in the process.

Weapons can be poisoned or sharpened, but blunt weapons cannot be enhanced.  This would give an option for those types of weapons.  For simplicity and balance reasons, the effect should be the same or very much similar to sharpening and poisoning.

Prayer name:  Holy Shroud
 SP cost:  500 SP
 Coin cost:  100,000 coppers
Syntax:  holyshroud <cloak> <color>
Skills used: Cleric knowledge, Cleric faith, mental focus, mental discipline, merchant leader

Through this prayer a priestess intertwines a holy weave to a cloak.  This weave can have one of four effects.  The power of each effect is determined by the skills of the cleric.  If the prayer fails, the cloak is destroyed.
          Blue:        The mind of the wearer is gradually restored through Waylumi’s wisdom.
          Green:     Wounds heal themselves through Waylumi’s love.
          Red:          As wearer stand firm against their foes they are better protected by Waylumi’s honor.
          Golden:    Combat is aided by the golden light of Waylumi’s vigilance.

A prayer to enhance cloaks.  Unlike other item enhancing powers, this one has options.  SP or HP regen, greater protection, or more combat damage.

Prayer name:  Waylumi’s Grace
 SP cost:  All SP + 250
Syntax:  waylumisinsight <target>  <message>
Skills used: All

Sending an insight from the Goddess herself, this prayer fully restores the target to full health, mental focus, and energy.  In addition, the maximum level of each is increased for a time.  The duration and amount of the increase are based on the skills of the priest.  The Goddess might wish to send a message along with her grace.  In order to use this prayer, the priest or priestess must have their full mental strength.  Even from such a state, they will be left drained beyond that to a great extent.

Fully recover the health, power, and energy of the target, and increase their max, but at a great cost.

Last edited by Quinthyll on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:43 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rework of our prayers   Rework of our prayers EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 4:12 pm

While I agree that we do need new prayers and some could be move around, that’s nearly a complete overhaul of what we have. I was thinking something a little less drastic in mind personally. I do love some of the ideas you have presented however. Let me see what I can come up with for a different view.

I feel like we need more simple roleplay-able abilities, along with some new support and attacks. Currently as is, the Waylumi are more of a support class. Out of 30 levels of abilities, we only have like 7 actual attacks, but 24 support/buff abilities, not including the ones we can cast on ourselves, and about 11 roleplay abilities. Let me make a list here to show you what I mean.

Attacks
Sparks, light blade, smite, blades of light, sunray, sunflare, perish undead

Buffs on players
Bless, vitalize, energize, healfar, lifewatch, constantlifewatch, brightness, curedisease, cleanbody, feelpain, healblindness, hallow, heal all, halo of light, hallow sea, sanctuary, heal world, spirit, resurrect, hand of Waylumi

Debuffs on players
Blindlight, seek hidden, peace, lighten shadows

Buffs on ourselves
Waylumi’s protection, bless armor, enlighten, withstand, luminate, find ship, Invulnerability, angel, change alliance

Roleplay abilities
Preach, learn devotion, sober, devotion, flare, lighten area, disfellowship, marry, vision, divorce, seal

Created items
Bless food, elixirs, holy armour

I would love for us to have a couple more attacks in general. Greanth and myself have already submitted a few ideas to staff, though we haven’t heard anything back from them yet. Our ideas included 2 new attack, a buff, and a debuff. They are thus:

Attack
Dazzling light - low level aoe attack that hits for one round and takes several to cool down
Banish - a low level aoe ability. Sort of like a wide spread smite

Buff on players
Aid - meant to replace feelpain with. Idea was a low level heal world but directed at one player

Debuffs on players
Binding Light - a stun affect, meant to replace find ship at level 20(I might be wrong that this is a debuff and he meant it as an attack)

Personally I would like it if holy armour was replaced altogether. In my opinion it’s not that great of an Item, and compared to the other faiths with their items, it doesn’t do much in the way of helping. I do like the idea you presented for a Holy Shroud though, and think that it being given at level 19 is perfect. It gives players an item to create for others that’s not years out of reach. I also like the idea for blessed weapon on blunt weapons, but think that it should be given at a lower level, like 11 and should be able to be usable by others then just clerics.

Now, all this means we have a lot of new abilities under level 20, and not much going on over it. New higher level abilities would be good for us to strive for. Something that might be good as a replacement ability at level 22 or higher for holy armour, would be what I’m going to call Wings of the Goddess. It would be a buff ability that you can cast upon others, and/or possibly yourself. Have it be an ability that increases your wisdom for a time, and your endurance/endurance modifier to allow for you to travel over the land faster.

Another ability for higher levels could be Praying in Haste. This sort of attack could allow for you to do three attacks at the same time for the cost of one with the highest spell power. The downfall of it being that it takes a while to cooldown.

One more higher level ability could be Well of Light. It could be a stationary conjured item like hallow, but one you drink from to have it restore you. Sort of like when you feel the babob tree and are completely refreshed.

(I don’t have any of three mentioned above in an inf format for the game yet, so bear with me…)

And for fun at a lower level, maybe 9. Incense. Because sometimes it’s nice to have a good smell about you when meditating. It could be a created item that all it did was change the smell of the room for a short while.

Below I’ll include a list of abilities that have been worked on, and where they might sit at on the power list.

Prayer name: Incense
Sp cost: 100
Coin cost: 100 coppers
Syntax: incense <name> <description> <smell>
Skills used: merchant leader, mental focus

While sitting in meditation it’s sometimes nice to have a good smell about you to help along.

How to use;
Incense: frankincense
Description: A long green stick with the end smoldering slowly burns in its holder.
Smell: A heavy aroma similar to cedar and lemons fills the room.

Prayer Name: Dazzling Lights
SP Cost: 30(?)
Syntax: dazzlinglights
Skills used: cleric faith, cleric knowledge, combat attack, Level

dazzling lights – Clerics looking for a way to combat darkness sought a new method of utilizing light in order to do so. Studying how a crystal fractures light into various colors and how a nymph and elf might use their natural born magic ability, the clerics prayed to the Goddess for wisdom and knowledge to understand light better.

The Goddess answered their prayers and granted the knowledge of how to use fractured light, allowing them to use the colorful light beams as a means of offense. Much like when light hits a crystal and fractures the different colors across the room, an array of colorful lights shoot forth from the hands of the cleric hitting all enemies in the area. This ability not only causes physical damage, but mental damage as well.

The power of this prayer is based on your skills and level.

What it might look like:
Shora raises her hands and calls forth and array of dazzling lights that beam out from her palms and hit all enemies in a brilliant display!

Note: An area of effect attack that can only be used once every so often. So say you use it in one round of combat, and then you can’t use it for the next 4 rounds, but the fifth round you can use it again.

Prayer name: Aid
Sp: all spell power + most of your health and all of your endurance
Syntax: aid <target>
Skills used: All

Clerics often look for a way to help their fellow man, and as such this prayer was developed as a way to help provide aid to someone in danger who the cleric cannot reach fast enough to offer assistance. This gives the receiver a second chance, healing them fully and providing them with power and endurance, however it leaves the cleric injured and unable to move for a time.

When used the cleric in question must be uninjured and well rested, as the target will be receiving all of what can be given. This prayer is a precursor to the heal world prayer and can only be used once every so often.

What it might look like: Concentrating, Shora raises her hands skyward and prays, sends out her life energy to aid <target>.

Note:  I thought this might be a good way to replace feelpain with. The cleric can’t use it again immediately and has to recover from using it(30 minutes to an hour cooldown, and only 25 health left?). The receiver however could have it used on them again, but it has to be by a different cleric.

Here are Greanth’s ideas

Level 20(replacement idea for find ship
Prayer name: Binding Light
          SP cost: 100 + 2*level
           Syntax: bindinglight <target>
   Skills Used: Cleric faith, Cleric preach, Combat attack, Mental focus, Mental Discipline, Cleric knowledge
Description:

After intense study within the Cathedral of Light, the Priestess of Waylumi discovered a prayer to the Goddess that summons spirits of the Light to bind and hold a Cleric's foes.

After a brief prayer the Cleric summons forth a spirit of light to bind together the arms and legs of a heratic in order to prevent them from attacking or moving for the duration of the spirit's strength. The strength of the spirit's ability to bind your target is based on your skills and level.

Note: Only stops movement and melee hits, does NOT stop victim's powers.

Greanth begins praying for the power to bind an enemy

Greanth finishes the prayer, sending forth spirits of Light to bind the limbs of <target>

Level 14(replacement idea for feel pain)
Prayer name: Banish
          SP cost: 60 + level
          Syntax: banish
  Skills Used:  Combat attack, Cleric faith, Cleric preach, Cleric knowledge, Mental focus
Description:

In ancient times the Dahkoarim reigned supreme on Ateraan, the dark ages, as they became to be called were a time of crisis and danger for the followers of the Light and in these times a High Priest of the Light
secluded himself in prayer to the Goddess within the most holy room of the Cathedral of Light during a powerful attack upon the holy grounds by the Dahkoarim.

During this seclusion the priest prayered to the Goddess for the power to fight back against the hordes of the Darkness that attacked in number and as the cathedral was overwhelmed the Goddess answered his prayers, granting him a prayer to call upon the light of Ateraan and in a blaze of power to attempt to painfully banish all heretics who fought against him.

As the High Priest taught the prayer to the followers of Light it became known simply for what it was meant to do, Banish.

The prayer to Banish sends the forces of Light against all in combat with the Priest. The power and damage of the prayer are based on the Skills, level, and Wisdom of the Cleric.

Note: Area of Effect ability that only hurts enemies actively in combat with the user.

Greanth beings to call upon the Light of Waylumi to banish his foes.

Greanth finishes the prayer and Light blazes into the area burning his enemies severely!

You pray to Waylumi for the power to banish your foes.

You finish the prayer and Waylumi sends forth a column of Light to burn your enemies severely!
……….

Here is how things would look like if no prayers were removed/move around and just added

Level   Prayer
     1     Bless
     2     Heal
     3     Vitalize
     4     Sparks
     5     Energize, Preach
     6     Waylumi's Protection, Bless Armor
     7     Enlighten, Learn Devotion
     9     Bless Food, Sober, Incense, Draught of Vitality
     10    Light Blade, Constant Lifewatch
     11    Brightness, Withstand, Bless Weapon
     13    Clean Body, Flare, Lighten Area
     14    Feel Pain, Healblindness, Dazzling Lights, Banish, Aid
     15    Blindlight, Disfellowship, Marry
     16    Hallow, Elixir, Smite
     17    Heal All, Vision, Divorce
     18    Halo of Light, Seek Hidden
     19    Blades of Light, Holy Shroud
     20    Sun Ray, Find Ship, Binding Light
     21    Seal, Peace
     22    Holy Armour, Hallow Sea, Wings of the Goddess
     23    Invulnerability
     24    Lighten Shadows, Sanctuary
     25    Heal World, Angel
     26    Change Alliance, Praying in Haste
     27    Sun Flare, Well of Light
     28    Perish Undead
     29    Spirit, Resurrect
     30    Hand of Waylumi

Color code: Red - Greanths and Shoras idea, Orange - Quinthyll's idea, Cyan - powers to be moved, Grey - powers that can be removed

These are just my ideas and thought, they by no means are absolute and that we have to do them. Let me know what you think though!
Back to top Go down
https://waylumislight.rpg-board.net
Quinthyll

PostSubject: Re: Rework of our prayers   Rework of our prayers EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 pm

We're on to something good. Lets keep thinking and talking about this and get an idea together send up the chain.

I like dazzling lights, if it doesn't get too powerful. The only thought I've got is maybe make it a channeled, chanting prayer. The priest chants for three rounds, doing damage to everyone attacking him, but is unable to perform any other prayer or action.

Banish if it didn't do too much damage and had a cooldown of 5+ rounds sounds good. Otherwise, we'd doing far too much damage for a support cleric.
Back to top Go down
Shora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rework of our prayers   Rework of our prayers EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 4:26 pm

I’m going to try and take the things you’ve proposed and what I’ve proposed and mix them together on this post after I go over some thing. I don’t want to do a whole lot of moving prayers around, but having reread your post some prayers could use changing.

To even things out a bit on our power list, I think moving sparks to level 2 with healing would be good, and then placing dazzling lights at level 4 would help young clerics out a great deal. As it is currently new clerics don’t have an attack or defense until level 4 and 6, making them have to rely on their background and racial abilities longer. Which if your background and racial skills can’t be trained in the guild hall, kind of puts a hugh roadblock on things for the newer cleric player.

I like the proposed change to bless armor that you gave, but I still think it should stay at the level it is currently at. Waylumi’s protection protects you and lessons the damage that is taken, while bless armor only offers protection for a short time. From what I know, many tend to forgo bless armor because waylumi’s protection is far greater. Changing it so that bless armor offered some damage, even a minor amount would give more reason to use it.

Making bless food less filling would be nice, but it might be too much to ask for. However I am not against giving it a try. I think bless food might be bugged as well. While the tag might be removed when you log out, the item is still blessed and gives the extra boost from what I have seen. Currently the only way to keep the tag on once it’s been blessed is to have it lightened right after. I would like the stipulation of the blessing tag disappearing when you log out removed, as it should stay blessed one it has been blessed. I also want the spell cost for it reduced as well, I think it’s a bit high.

Energized needs to be rework, but I don’t quite agree with your suggestion. It is currently based off of your level plus 25 spell points, and skills, making the amount received extremely random, and likely really low. Even with skills trained the person receiving the energy isn’t getting the amount that it takes to use the spell. I understand if staff doesn’t want energize being just like powergain with the mages, but the amount that the receiver is given should be more.

I don’t think Light blade should be moved down or tweaked. It should stay where it’s at currently, but adding in a new power(dazzling lights) at a lower level would be more beneficial. The same with Smite, leave it at its current level and strength.  

Blind light, and heal blindness have always seemed like more of a roleplay ability to me as you can only use it on players, but they can also be a debuff and buff, respectively. It does make combat slightly more difficult for people, but I don’t believe it was meant to be a combat ability. Your suggestion is essentially changing it to that, and if it is changed to such, why have the ability to heal it then?

I’m not sure what change you were going for with Vision to be honest. I sort of feel like you mixed it up with Seek Hidden. Vision is just a roleplay ability where you send a sort of mystic message to someone. However, after I found out someone was abusing it to send visions of people having sex or jacking off, I’d be perfectly fine if staff removed the power from us.

Now moving onto the new powers that you’ve suggested. Draught of Vitality. Is this like a liquid vitalize? Or did you mean energy as in spell power? Either or is not a bad suggestion, but there are dozens of things in game that restore your endurance.

As I posted before I love the ideas for blessed weapon and holy shroud. My only suggestion still is to put blessed weapon at level 11. Your idea for Waylumi’s Grace was similar to mind of Aid. Either one though I feel could replace feel pain at 14.

At the end of my last post I showed three prayers that I felt could be move. These were the same ones that you showed in your post, and I’m in agreeance with that. Flare could be move to level 5 instead, and we could move seek hidden down to level 13 in its place, as seek hidden is based off of your skills, and the skills of the other player, so moving it won’t really change that. Then lighten shadows could be moved from level 24 to 18. Just like seek hidden, the strength of this prayer is based off of the clerics skills and level, and the hidden players skills and level. Moving it down won’t change that.

Going on, there was also three prayers that I felt could be removed. In the past feel pain has been open for abuse, and likely will be abused again. I’d much rather skip the possibility of us getting into trouble again and just replace it with Waylumi’s Grace or Aid. I would also like to remove find ship. It’s broken currently and when I try to use it I get the message ‘This power is being worked on.’ I can see its usefulness in some ways, like if someone is lost at sea, but more than likely this person will be in the water, and the power still won’t be useable then. The last one holy armour, but I think I’ve expressed my dislike for this power enough already.

Also, staff needs to decide if it is ‘armour’ or ‘armor’. Neither are wrong, I just find it annoying to have both spellings.

Now I’ll try and surmise all this into a possible power list with all the changes(that I liked)

Level   Prayer
     1     Bless
     2     Heal, Sparks
     3     Vitalize
     4     Dazzling Lights
     5     Energize, Preach, Flare
     6     Waylumi's Protection, Bless Armor
     7     Enlighten, Learn Devotion
     9     Bless Food, Sober, Incense, Draught of Vitality
     10    Light Blade, Constant Lifewatch
     11    Brightness, Withstand, Bless Weapon
     13    Clean Body, Lighten Area, Seek Hidden
     14    Healblindness, Waylumi’s Grace, Banish
     15    Blindlight, Disfellowship, Marry
     16    Hallow, Elixir, Smite
     17    Heal All, Vision, Divorce
     18    Halo of Light, Lighten Shadows
     19    Blades of Light, Holy Shroud
     20    Sun Ray, Binding Light
     21    Seal, Peace
     22    Hallow Sea, Wings of the Goddess
     23    Invulnerability
     24    Sanctuary
     25    Heal World, Angel
     26    Change Alliance, Praying in Haste
     27    Sun Flare, Well of Light
     28    Perish Undead
     29    Spirit, Resurrect
     30    Hand of Waylumi

Color code: Red – New proposed powers, Orange – moved powers
Back to top Go down
Shora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rework of our prayers   Rework of our prayers EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 5:42 pm

I can see that many people have read this thread, as I'm sure Quinthyll and I haven't clicked on it that many times. If any of you would like to add your thoughts and ideas in or express your opinion or want to help with something feel free to speak up. We would certainly love to hear from others.
Back to top Go down
Quinthyll

PostSubject: Re: Rework of our prayers   Rework of our prayers EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 1:29 pm

I've submitted a request to our Waylumi Lord (and Andrew) I condensed it a bit. As is, it was still a very long letter.

Each of your beloved priests and priestesses are grateful for the many blessing Waylumi has given us, including the wondrous prayers with their various effects. With that said, speaking with the clergy, including lengthy discussion with High Priestess Shora, we beseech you for the consideration of additional prayers, alterations to some we currently know, and a reordering of when we learn them. Below is a listing of all of our prayers, and those we have concluded would aid in the spreading of your Light across Ateraan. Following that, I will discuss the intent of each new prayer, or change to existing ones and how they would bolster our cause.

1 Bless
2 Heal
3 Vitalize, Preach
4 Sparks
5 Energize, Dazzling Lights
6 Waylumi's Protection, Bless Armor
7 Enlighten, Learn Devotion, Flare
8 Heal Far, Lifewatch
9 Bless Food, Sober, Incense, Draught of Vitality
10 Light Blade, Constant Lifewatch
11 Brightness, Withstand, Bless Weapon
12 Luminate, Cure Disease, Devotion
13 Clean Body, Lighten Area, Seek Hidden
14 Healblindness, Banish, Aid
15 Blindlight, Disfellowship, Marry
16 Hallow, Elixir, Smite
17 Heal All, Vision, Divorce
18 Halo of Light, Binding Light
19 Blades of Light, Holy Shroud
20 Sun Ray, Binding Light
21 Seal, Peace
22 Hallow Sea
23 Invulnerability
24 Lighten Shadows, Sanctuary
25 Heal World, Angel
26 Change Alliance
27 Sun Flare
28 Perish Undead
29 Spirit, Resurrect
30 Hand of Waylumi

The new prayers and their intended use:

Dazzling lights:
Knowledge of how to use fractured light, allowing them to use the colorful light beams as a means of offense. Much like when light hits a crystal and fractures the different colors across the room, an array of colorful lights shoot forth from the hands of the cleric hitting all enemies in the area. This ability not only causes physical damage, but mental damage as well.
Early in our studies, we are without a means to combat more than one foe. This prayer would remedy that.

Draught of Vitality:
A small vial containing a thin, wispy liquid. The smell of it is light and pure, like that of fresh rain. Upon even a small taste, the body feel revived.
Through this prayer, the priest creates a small hand held draught. Upon drinking it, the body will recover energy. The amount recovered is determined by the skills of the cleric.
We are able to restore energy to those in need while we accompany them, but there are times our allies need to be supported on their own. This would serve that purpose much like our elixirs can restore health.
Incense:
The priestess blesses a shaft of incense with holy grace, enhancing its smell and effect. The surrounding area is filled with calming smoke to help mediation and recoup the mind and body.
We would be able to choose several different scents, each having the same overall effect.

Bless weapon:
Channeling the grace of Waylumi, the priest pours her might into a weapon. The blessing increases the effectiveness of the weapon
Many others can enhance or alter edged or piercing weapons, but our clergy can achieve no such effect on our preferred arms which are bludgeoning.

Banish:
A bright flash of light to push back all darkness engulfing the priest. Any foe engaged against the priest would feel the painful effect.
Often we find ourselves called to not only spread the light through word and action, but against many foes who would mean us harm. Banishing their darkness in such a way would serve the light well.

Aid:
Clerics often look for a way to help their fellow man, and this prayer would help provide aid to someone in danger who the cleric cannot reach fast enough to offer assistance. This gives the receiver a second chance, healing them fully and providing them with power and endurance, however it leaves the cleric injured and unable to move for a time.

Holy Shroud:
Through this prayer a priestess intertwines a holy weave to a cloak. This weave can have one of four effects. The power of each effect is determined by the skills of the cleric.
Blue: The mind of the wearer is gradually restored through Waylumi’s wisdom.
Green: Wounds heal themselves through Waylumi’s love.
Red: As wearer stand firm against their foes they are better protected by Waylumi’s honor.
Golden: Combat is aided by the golden light of Waylumi’s vigilance.

Binding light:
After a brief prayer the Cleric summons forth a spirit of light to bind together the arms and legs of a heratic in order to prevent them from attacking or moving for the duration of the spirit's strength.
While we strive to avoid combat, it cannot be avoided at all times. Should it be necessary, such a prayer would allow us to bind the foe, to allow a moment to recover, or them to reconsider their actions.

Changes to current prayers:
Bless food:
While useful in its current form, for the toll it takes on the priest the effect is limited. We propose that it strain the mind less, and food that has been blessed become less filling on the stomach. In addition, the blessing should be permanent.

Bless armor:
This prayer acts similar to Waylumi’s protection and the extent of its use is limited. Rather than further protection from attack, blessing our armor would make it harmful to those that attack, turning back a portion of their damage upon them.

Energize:
Being able to restore the mind of our allies is a blessing, indeed. Yet even a priest well trained is unable to offer much benefit from this prayer. It would be much more useful if the priest could chose the amount of their mental energy they wish to send to another, similar to how we use our healing powers.
Seek Hidden:
We ask that we be granted this prayer sooner in our training. While useful to the senior clergy, they are not always able to be all places those that lurk in the shadow dwell. While a lessor trained priest would likely not be able to discover someone well trained in hiding, they could seek out one of similar levels of training.

Waylumi guide and bless us all,
Elder Priest Quinthyll

*** OOC ***
We have detailed work ups for each new and altered prayer, including SP and coin costs, skills used, and what the prayers would look like in game. We would be happy to discuss them more in depth either IC or OOC. Those things were omitted to keep an already long letter shorter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rework of our prayers   Rework of our prayers Empty

Back to top Go down

Rework of our prayers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light of Waylumi :: Admin Stuff :: Information Box-
Jump to: